Drone Saves Two Boys – level 2
Australian lifeguards were training to use their new rescue drones when they received a distress call. Two teenage boys were caught in powerful waves.
In one or two minutes, the drone dropped a float to them. They held the float and swam to shore, uninjured.
The drone rescue was the first one in the world. A normal rescue usually takes a few minutes longer.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.