Drone with drugs in Mexico – level 1
A drone carries drugs. It flies from Mexico to California, but it falls down. Police find it. They don’t know who controls it. They try to find this person.
Drones are also found outside prisons. These drones carry cigarettes and marijuana.
Mexican drug dealers try to move the drugs north. They use tunnels, drones and other small planes.
Difficult words: drone (a small plane which has no pilot; it is controlled from far away), drug dealer (person who moves and sells drugs), tunnel (an underground way).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you for drones or against drones?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.