Drones fly over nuclear power plants – level 1
This happens in France. A drone flies over a nuclear power station. The drone does not do anything, but this is illegal. Drones must not get close to power stations. This happens seven times.
France investigates this. The country has 19 nuclear power stations. Most of its electricity comes from them. The drones worry some people.
Difficult words: nuclear power station (a building with machines which produce electricity by breaking the atom), illegal (you cannot do things which are illegal), investigate (try to find more information about something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos