Drugs in Thailand – level 1
This news is from Thailand. Thai police seize drugs. In one week, they seize 1.35 tonnes of drugs. The drugs are worth 32 million dollars. Police arrest 11 people.
People traffick these drugs from northern Thailand to Malaysia. There are different types of drugs like amphetamines, marijuana, ketamine, ecstasy and crystal meth.
Difficult words: seize (take something forcefully), worth (have price in money), traffic (trade or move something illegal).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos