Drugs in Thailand – level 2
Over the past week, Thai police have seized more than 1.35 tonnes of drugs. The drugs are worth around 32 million dollars.
On Tuesday, there was a big drug bust, in which drugs worth 29 million dollars were seized. People were trafficking these drugs from northern Thailand to Malaysia.
The drugs included amphetamine pills, marijuana, ketamine, ecstasy and crystal meth. Police arrested eleven people in connection to the bust.
Difficult words: seize (take something forcefully, when the police takes something illegal), bust (taking something illegal and arresting the criminals), traffic (trade or move something illegal).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos