Drugs in Thailand – level 3
Over the past week, Thai authorities seized more than 1.35 tonnes of drugs worth over 32 million dollars.
On Tuesday, there was a big drug bust – police seized 29 million dollars’ worth of drugs that people were trafficking to Malaysia. The drugs included amphetamine pills, marijuana, ketamine, ecstasy and crystal meth. Police arrested eleven people in connection to the bust.
The drugs originated from northern Thailand and belonged to drug-trafficking criminal organisation Phor Liang Tee.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.