Dwarf Marathon Runner – level 2
John Young from Boston is a runner, math teacher and a dwarf. When he was growing up, there were no role models for people with dwarfism.
Mr Young wants to inspire young people with dwarfism and give them something that he did not have. He plans to run 12 marathons in 12 months.
He said that he gets emails and messages from families with young children with dwarfism who thank him for what he is doing. This is a very important part to him.
John Young is one of only four dwarf athletes who completed a marathon. His challenge begins with a marathon in Boston on April 16th.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.