E-Cig Ban in India – level 2
Last Wednesday, India completely banned e-cigarettes. The government says that it is a great health risk especially among young people and children.
India’s finance minister said that e-cigarettes were promoted as a way to get people to quit smoking, but reports show that people become addicted to them instead. The Indian government says that the use of e-cigarettes is extremely high in some countries – so much so that it is an epidemic.
The ban in India covers everything: the production, import, export, transport, sale and storage. If you break the ban, you can go to prison for up to a year, pay $1,300, or both.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.