E-Cig Ban in India – level 3
Last Wednesday, India completely banned e-cigarettes saying that they are a massive health risk, especially among young adults and children.
India’s finance minister said that e-cigarettes were initially promoted as a way to get people to quit smoking, but reports show that people are instead becoming addicted to them. India’s government said that the use of e-cigarettes has recently gone up extremely high in developed countries and because of what seems like an epidemic.
The production, import, export, transport, sale, storage, and advertisement relating to e-cigarettes are now all banned in India. People who violate the ban for the first time can face up to a year in prison, pay a fine of more than $1,300, or both.
Difficult words: initially (in the beginning), promote (make something more popular), violate (break).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos