Eagle films London – level 3
This eagle got an impressive bird’s-eye view of London this week, flying around the city’s most iconic landmarks.
The footage was captured by attaching a GoPro camera to the eagles’s back, following its every move during its tour.
The white-tailed eagle, equipped with the tiny camera, flew around London’s historic landmarks, including St Paul’s, City Hall, Tower Bridge and the Olympic Park.
The bird’s city tour was part of the International Union for Conservation of Nature’s campaign to commemorate 50 years of its Red List, the list of threatened and endangered species.
Difficult words: bird’s-eye view (a view from above that a bird would see), iconic (famous), landmark (an important place or building), footage (video), tiny (very small), commemorate (remind and show respect).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos