Earth Orchestra – level 1
Earth Orchestra is a group of 197 musicians. Each musician comes from a different country. The musicians make a song together. The name of the song is ’Together is Beautiful’.
The idea starts in 2017. Artists want to show that it is possible to cross borders. They want to make something special. It never happens before.
George Fenton is a famous composer. A composer is a person who writes music. Fenton writes a melody for the song. He then watches the other artists do their part of the job.
Some musicians improvise. It means that they do not have a clear plan what to play. They listen to the melody. They use instruments from their home countries. They use different styles of music.
The result is great. The artists are very happy. They feel that the music has no borders.
Difficult words: border (a line that separates two countries), melody (the sounds and tones of a song), instrument (a tool that a person uses to make music).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos