Earthquake in Iran and Iraq – level 2
A 7.3-magnitude earthquake hit the Iran-Iraq border. About 1.8 million people live within 100 kilometres from its epicentre. This earthquake killed hundreds of people, many dying in a province in Iran.
The earthquake injured about 4,000 people in western Iran and displaced 70,000 people. One town in Iran had many victims, including its own hospital.
In Baghdad, 300 kilometres from the earthquake’s epicentre, people could still feel the earthquake.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.