Earthquake in Nepal – level 1
There is an earthquake in Nepal. Around 3,700 people die. It destroys many buildings. It cracks roads.
People’s houses are not safe. They must stay outside.
There is a video in the L3 section. The video shows Nepal’s capital city. It shows it one day after the earthquake. People call Nepal’s capital city Katmandu.
Difficult words: earthquake (when the ground shakes), destroyed (to be broken completely), crack (to have a long and thin hole).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this situation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.