eBay and the Brain – level 2
In London, eBay opened up the ‘Art of Shopping’. It is an experience for people to learn about how they buy things.
The place has two rooms with art, and people walk around to look at the art while wearing a headset. The headset measures brainwaves which relate to creativity and pleasure. At the end, people get personal shopping carts, which science put together.
eBay says that it is using neuroscience to show that inspired shopping helps people buy what they actually want and what will make them happier.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.