Ebola in Congo – level 3
The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has exceeded 2,000 cases since last August. People confirmed more than 1,900 cases and 94 probable cases.
The outbreak is the second largest on record, and it has killed around 1,300 people. The director of the World Health Organisation says that it wants to end the outbreak, but there have been problems. Some people do not trust the vaccine, there are conflicts in some regions, and 130 attacks have happened against Doctors Without Borders.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.