Ebola Vaccine – level 1
A US company makes the first Ebola vaccine in history. It is a very important moment.
Ebola is a very dangerous sickness with serious symptoms. It is very infectious and it kills many people. It kills more than 11,000 people in Congo between 2013 and 2016.
At this time, there are more than 3,000 sick people in Congo. The company gives 250,000 vaccines to people in Congo. The vaccine is for people who are 18 years and older. It can save almost 98% of all people who get ill.
The company’s official says that the whole world must be happy about this.
Difficult words: vaccine (a special medicine that a person gets by injection and this person does not get ill), symptoms (signs on a body which show that a person is ill), infectious (it is possible that a person gets ill when he or she meets an ill person).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos