Egyptian Airlines Flight MS804 – level 1
This news is about the Egyptian Airlines flight MS804. It crashes into the Mediterranean Sea last Thursday. There are 66 people on the plane. All of them die.
People look for the remains. The search area is in the north of Egypt. People find clothing, seat belts, bags, and even body parts. People are still looking for the black box system. This system holds information about the flight. It can tell us a lot.
No terror group takes responsibility. Some Egyptians believe that the crash is an act of God.
Difficult words: remains (the pieces of something broken or body parts), seat belt (a belt at your seat where you sit for protection), take responsibility (to say that you did something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.