Egyptian Elections – level 1
There is an election in Egypt. People choose their future president. In the past, there were attacks on voters. Egypt wants to protect the people. The leaders send many soldiers to protect people.
There are two candidates for president. One of them is Abdel Fattah el-Sisi. He is president right now. People think that he will win again.
Difficult words: election (voting – choosing president), were (past of ‘are’), voter (a person who votes – chooses president), candidate (a person who wants to be president).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos