Egyptian Ex-President Dies – level 2
In 2012, Mohammed Morsi was Egyptian first democratically elected president. A year later, however, the military overthrew him, following mass anti-government protests. Other leaders from the Muslim Brotherhood and he were arrested and jailed.
People say that because of bad conditions in that jail, his health got worse in recent years. According to state-run media, he was at court last Monday, collapsed and died before he could go to hospital.
Difficult words: elect (vote for, choose), collapse (fall down suddenly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos