Eight Cheetah Cubs – level 1
A cheetah lives at St. Louis Zoo, USA. She gives birth. She has three males and five female cubs. That is eight cubs all together. This is the most cubs born for a cheetah at a zoo. Usually, a cheetah has three to four cubs in a litter.
The zoo has not yet named the babies. The zoo says that the mother and her cubs are doing well. However, they will remain in private for a few months.
Difficult words: cub (baby animal of a big cat or a bear), litter (a number of animals born to an animal at one time), remain in private (not be around people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos