Einstein’s Letter on Auction – level 3
Albert Einstein wrote a letter by hand to a young woman in 1921, and now that letter is up for auction. The Nobel-winning scientist showed his heartfelt affection for the 22-year-old who was the daughter of a famous chemist in Florence.
The CEO of Winner’s Auctions said that Einstein wanted to meet this woman, but she did not want to meet him because she was modest and did not want to meet famous people.
Einstein also left her a note which read: ‘To the scientific researcher, at whose feet I lay and sat for two full days…’
A typed letter from Einstein sold for 1.3 million US dollars at auction.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.