Elephants in a Crash – level 2
People were transporting five elephants to a circus in Spain. The circus lorry was involved in a crash on a motorway, and the crash killed one elephant and injured four.
The elephants had to be lifted by a crane to get out of the wreckage. Spanish authorities are looking after them. The cause of the crash is unknown.
Difficult words: crane (a big machine for lifting heavy things), wreckage (something that is destroyed, a wreck), authorities (a government organisation).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos