Elephants like music – level 3
If there’s a video you see today, it has to be this one. A zoo in Belgium has released this footage which seems to show their elephants swaying in time to live classical music.
Pairi Daiza was prepping for a series of nights where live music would be played around the park and decided to make sure the elephants would not be worried by the new noises.
Looking far from worried, the animals seemed to listen carefully to the strings before starting to sway their trunks, and eventually their whole bodies in time with the music. Two of the elephants even started swaying in unison.
The video posted to the zoo’s Facebook page a few days ago has already been viewed more than 190,000 times.
Difficult words: footage (video), sway (to move rhythmically from side to side), prep (to prepare), strings (the stringed instruments such as violins), trunk (an elephant’s long nose), in unison (at the same time and in the same way).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.