Elizabeth Holmes goes to prison – level 1
Elizabeth Holmes is the founder of the company Theranos. Holmes lies to investors. She wants to get money from them. She says that she has a new technology for testing blood. The company ends in 2018.
Holmes goes to prison for 11 years. She stays in a prison in Texas, United States. The prison is for women who do not hurt anyone. The women work there. Holmes wants to stay out of prison, but the judge says no. Before prison, she spends time with her family.
Holmes’ partner also goes to prison for 13 years. When Holmes leaves prison, she must give money to the people who she tricks.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the stipulations that Holmes must meet when she is released from prison?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.