Elon Musk buys Twitter – level 1
Elon Musk is the richest man in the world. He buys Twitter. Twitter is a public company since 2013. Public means that anyone can buy a part of the company.
Musk says that this is not good. Twitter must be private. Millions of people use Twitter. World leaders and other important people use it.
Twitter bans the previous US president Donald Trump. Some people think that Trump will return to Twitter now. Musk says that freedom of speech must be on Twitter. This idea means that anyone can say anything.
Musk buys Twitter for 44 billion dollars. 33.5 billion dollars are Musk’s own money.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.