Elon Musk buys Twitter – level 3
Twitter agreed to sell a 44-billion deal to Tesla CEO Elon Musk; the deal ends the social media platform’s time as a public company.
Twitter has millions of users and global leaders, and the transaction shifts control to the world’s richest man. The company resisted the billionaire’s takeover, but it changed course after Musk unveiled a financial package. It included 33.5 billion dollars from his own fortune.
Musk is an active Twitter user, and he has more than 83 million followers. In the past, he said that Twitter needed to be private to grow and become a genuine platform for free speech. After news of the sale, people called on Musk to return access to the social media platform to former US president Donald Trump.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.