Erdogan Losing Support – level 2
This year is Erdogan’s 16th as president of Turkey. However, the country’s economy is not doing well, and he is becoming less popular.
In March, there were local elections in Turkey. Erdogan’s party won all of Turkey except for two important cities – Istanbul, the largest city, and Ankara, the capital. Losing in these cities was not good for Erdogan.
His party requested a new election in Istanbul – it said that there was fraud. The government accepted the request, and now it is planning a new election for June.
Erdogan said that the new election is an important step for Turkish democracy. On the other hand, the European Parliament believes the opposite.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.