Estonian trio to Rio – level 1
This news is about female triplets. They are from Estonia. All three do sports. They are going to Rio this summer. They will run in the marathon. They will be the first triplets at the Olympics.
The sisters are born moments after each other. The oldest one is also the fastest, and the youngest one is the slowest.
The sisters say that Kenyan and Ethiopian runners are very good. They are not as good as them. They might be as good as them in 2 or 3 years.
Difficult words: triplets (three children born at the same time), will (in the future), to be born (to leave the mother’s body), might (can; it is possible).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos