Ether network – level 2
Ether is a technology which people use to send cryptocurrency and to power applications, and they pay a small fee for it.
Ether is a blockchain network, which means that it stores all the data in blocks and then chains them together. Such technology is very safe because nobody can steal or censor the data. Ether uses Ethereum, the second largest cryptocurrency after Bitcoin.
Ethereum 2.0 is an upgraded version of Ether, and it has a bigger capacity. Experts expect that it will lower fees and make transactions faster. Users can do business directly with each other, and they do not need to use banks.
Difficult words: cryptocurrency (a digital currency), chain (to connect), censor (to remove parts which you do not want somebody to see or hear from writing, audio, photos, or video).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos