EU bans Russian oil – level 2
EU leaders agreed to ban more than 60% of oil from Russia to the EU. The sixth sanctions package makes it impossible to import oil by sea, but Russia will still be able to import oil through pipes.
The European Commission president said that the EU will ban 90% of Russian oil by the end of the year. EU leaders believe that it will force Russia to end the war in Ukraine because Russia uses the money from oil to pay for the war.
The EU will also exclude the biggest Russian bank from the global payment system, and it won’t be possible to do some business services for Russian companies.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.