EU kills the Land Rover Defender – level 1
The Land Rover Defender is a car. It is a 4 by 4 car. It is a British icon. People make it for 67 years.
Now, the production must stop. The EU makes it stop. The car is not eco-friendly.
Some people are sad. They like the car very much. Workers at the factory meet. They say “goodbye” to the car.
People are working on a new car. It will be the new Land Rover Defender.
Difficult words: icon (a symbol, something that the British people like), production (the making of the car), eco-friendly (nice to nature).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this car?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos