EU kills the Land Rover Defender – level 2
The Land Rover Defender is an iconic British 4 by 4 car. Britain had it in production for 67 years.
Now, the production stopped because of new EU rules for car emissions. Workers and media came together at the factory to say goodbye to their favourite model.
The maker of the car is working on a new model which will replace the Defender.
Difficult words: rule (a document which says what you must do), emission (the gas which comes out of the car), replace (to be the new version of).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this car?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos