Euro 2016 in Paris – level 2
France is hosting the Euro 2016, and it played against to Portugal. At half time, the score was 0-0, and people lit mopeds and cars on fire in the streets of Paris.
Then during extra time, Portugal scored the only goal of the game and France had no time to reply. The disappointed fans took to the streets of Paris to vent their frustration. Police fired teargas to make the people stop.
There was more than disappointment in the streets, however. The Portuguese fans were also out and celebrating.
Difficult words: disappointed (sad because something did not go as you wanted), vent (let out emotion and feelings), frustration (the feeling of being upset).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.