European Parliament Election – level 2
The election in the European Parliament happened from May 23rd to May 26th. Around 400 million Europeans were eligible to vote and 51% of them did. That is around 203 million people.
People thought that nationalist parties would get a lot of votes and they did. For the first time ever, they won one quarter of the seats in the parliament. However, pro-EU parties still hold most seats – 507 out of the total 751.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.