Europeans travel to US again – level 1
In March 2020, the US closes its borders. People from Europe cannot visit families or friends. They cannot do business or go on a vacation. This is for more than 600 days.
Now it is possible again. Thousands of happy travelers come to European airports. Sadly, more and more people are sick with COVID-19. It is possible that travel from Europe will stop again.
Restaurant and hotel owners in the US are happy. The situation is getting better.
Sadly, airlines have big problems. They lose billions of dollars last year. Hundreds of thousands of people lose their jobs.
Difficult words: border (a line between two countries), owner (a person who has something), airline (a company which carries people or things in planes).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos