Europe’s hottest winter – level 2
2022 was the second-warmest year in Europe since 1950, and this winter is the hottest in history.
A warm winter has a bad impact on many countries which depend on tourism. Switzerland and Macedonia have big problems because no snow is on the slopes for skiers. Bilbao, Spain’s temperature reached 25 degrees Celsius last week, which was 10 degrees higher than normal in winter.
Scientists say that people are causing climate change, and climate change is causing extreme weather events. Droughts or floods happen more often, they are more intense, and they also last longer.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.