Europe’s Plan for Migrants – level 1
People are coming to Europe. They come from other countries. They want to live in Europe. They are called migrants. They move to Europe because of war in their home country, for example.
Many migrants sail across the Mediterranean Sea. They sail to southern EU countries. These are countries like Italy and Malta. Hundreds of thousands of migrants come to these countries every year.
The southern countries ask the EU for help. France, Germany, Italy and Malta meet to discuss this. They think of a plan. When the plan comes to be, EU countries can help these southern countries help the migrants.
We do not have more information about the plan at the moment. Everything is going to be said on October 8th.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.