Europe’s Plan for Migrants – level 2
Hundreds of thousands of migrants arrive on the shores of southern EU countries like Italy and Malta every year. These countries complained that other EU members do not help out.
A new plan could help ease the problem. France, Germany, Italy and Malta approved the plan last Monday. Under the new plan, EU countries would volunteer to take in migrants saved from the Mediterranean Sea. The countries would help them within weeks after the migrants get to Europe.
Details about the new plan are not yet known. More information is going to be shared with all 28 EU countries on October 8th.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.