Eurovision Song Contest – level 2
The Eurovision Song Contest is an international song competition which the European Broadcasting Union holds every year. It is broadcast on live television and participants are mostly from European countries.
The show started in 1956 and seven countries competed. The main idea was not to compete but to test television technology. Since that time, 52 countries took part and singers sang more than 1,600 songs.
The most successful country is Ireland which won seven times. The second most successful country is Sweden which won six times. In 1974, Sweden won with ABBA´s song ‘Waterloo’ which became the most successful Eurovision song.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.