Exercise in Hanoi – level 3
Well, that’s one way to stay in shape! These market vendors in Hanoi have decided, because they can’t afford the gym and don’t have time to exercise, to take matters into their own hands and feet, and dance themselves fit at work.
Some say they are too tired or have too little money to work out traditionally, so they bought a speaker so everyone can join in and learn from each other. Even the customers have a go.
Vietnam’s capital is known for its unique exercise culture – even in the early hours, every inch of the park and pavements are taken up by people from all walks of life partaking in their exercise of choice. From classic running and yoga to more creative routines using benches and trees as workout props and shouting out loud to help with breathing.
These savvy market vendors have proven there really is no excuse not to get your body moving.
Difficult words: vendor (a seller or a trader in the street), take matters into one’s hands (to do something), people from all walks of life (people with different jobs and from different levels of society), prop (a thing that helps you do something), savvy (clever).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.