ExoMars mission – level 1
People launch a rocket. They launch it from Kazakhstan. It is a Russian rocket. It carries two probes into space.
The probes are European. This is the ExoMars mission. The European Space Agency organises it.
The probes are going to Mars. That takes seven months. When they are close to Mars, the probes separate. One probe goes down to Mars. The other one moves around the planet. It gets information about the atmosphere.
Difficult words: launch (to go up), probe (a spacecraft which gets information about something; there are no people on the spacecraft), separate (to go apart).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think the probes will find on Mars?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.