Expensive Trains in England – level 1
A teen is in central England. He wants to travel to the south of England. He wants to take the train, but it is very expensive. He looks for a cheaper way.
He takes a plane to Berlin. From there, he flies back to England. He travels an extra 1,600 kilometres.
He arrives at his destination in 13 hours. However, it is still cheaper than the train!
Difficult words: teen (a teenager, a person between the age of 13 and 19), arrive (to come to a place), destination (the place where you want to go).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Why do you think the train fares in England are so expensive?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos