Expensive trains in England – level 2
A British teen wanted to get from the central area of England to the south, but the price of a one-way train ticket shocked him.
He decided to take action and found out that it was cheaper to take a plane to Berlin first and then fly to his final destination from there. He travelled an extra 1,600 kilometres to save a little money. The journey took him 13 hours, but he said that it was a great experience.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other creative cost-saving measures can travelers take to save money when traveling?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.