Explosion in Iran – level 3
Ten people died and five were injured in Iran last week when a water heater explosion caused a two-storey building to collapse.
Many Iranians use gas-consuming heaters with low safety and maintenance measures. The incident was one of the deadliest of its kind in Iran. Rescue operations continue at the location which is 885 kilometres northeast of the country’s capital of Tehran.
Difficult words: measures (a plan, steps to make sure something is safe).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos