Extreme ironing – level 1
This news is about a man. He is from Great Britain. One day, he comes home. He finds a lot of clothes.
He must iron these clothes. He thinks that ironing is boring. He wants to make it fun. He takes the clothes and the iron outside. He irons the clothes outside.
People like his idea. They do this, too. People iron underwater, upside down, and on the back of a cow. This is called extreme ironing.
Difficult words: iron verb (to use the iron to make clothes look nice), boring (not interesting or fun), iron noun (a thing which gets hot and is used for ironing).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about extreme ironing? Is it fun? Is it crazy? Is it a sport?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.