Extreme weather in 2021 – level 2
In October 2021, world leaders met in Glasgow, Scotland, and they talked about how to stop global warming and extreme weather.
There were many disasters in 2021 all over the world, and people saw tornadoes, wildfires, and floods in places where they never saw them before. Strong earthquakes hit Haiti and Pakistan, killed hundreds of people. and injured many more. There were heavy floods in Asia, Europe. and even New York City. Storms brought flash floods which nobody expected, and hundreds of people died.
Dangerously hot temperatures caused hundreds of fires during the summer in the US, Turkey, and Southern Europe. There were fires even in Siberia in places which were usually cold and the ground was frozen there.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.