Extremely Large Bullock – level 2
A massive bullock in Australia escaped the slaughterhouse thanks to its great size. It is almost 2 metres tall and weighs 1.4 tonnes. Its name is Knickers and it will live out its days in Perth, Australia.
Difficult words: bullock (a bull that was castrated – when an animal cannot make babies because people took those body parts away), escape (avoid, stay away from), slaughterhouse (a place where animals are slaughtered – killed for food).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.