Exxon buys Pioneer – level 2
Exxon Mobil agreed to acquire Pioneer Natural Resources, another big US company, in a deal worth 59.5 billion dollars.
This deal will make Exxon the largest producer in the Permian Basin, which is one of the most important oilfields in the United States. The deal has a value of 253 dollars per share. It unites the largest US oil company with Pioneer, an important player in the market.
The merged company has big plans to increase its oil and gas production and add 700,000 barrels per day within four years after the deal is ready. It would mean a total of 2 million barrels per day. Also, the company wants to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Experts think that the deal will be ready in early 2024.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the expected benefits of Exxon Mobil's acquisition of Pioneer Natural Resources?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.