ExxonMobil at Court – level 1
ExxonMobil is one of the world’s largest oil and gas companies. Last year, a New York attorney says that Exxon breaks the law.
It does not give its investors true information. The attorney says that Exxon has two different documents about the cost of its emissions. The investors lose a lot of money because of this.
On Tuesday, the judge says that Exxon does not do anything wrong. Exxon says that it gives true information. It wants to spend money on new technologies that help lower emissions.
Difficult words: attorney (a lawyer), investor (a person who puts money into a company and wants to get some profit from the company), emissions (the gas and smoke that cars and companies make).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos