F1 boss must pay very much money – level 1
Bernie Ecclestone is an ex-Formula One boss. Ecclestone does something wrong in 2015.
He says that some things do not belong to him. But this is not true. These things are in other countries. They are worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Ecclestone does not want to pay high taxes. Ecclestone pays little taxes between 1994 and 2022. Now, he must pay 803 million dollars.
He says that he is sorry for not telling the truth about his money. The judge says that Ecclestone does not have to go to jail if he does nothing bad for two years.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the outcome of Bernie Ecclestone's court case?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.